St Ann's Catholic Church


Parish Hall Renovation

Hall Rennovation


In order to renovate the parish hall, your support would be greatly appreciated. When making a donnation, filling in the Gift Aid Form allows us to claim some tax back from HMRC at no cost to you.

Please click on the link: Gift Aid Form to download our Gift Aid Declaration form. Please print this off and complete it and either pop it into the collection at mass or post it to us in an envelope addressed:

Gift Aid
St. Ann's House
Kingston Hill
Surrey, KT2 7LX

After you have completed a Gift Aid Declaration, please put any donations you make in the collection at Mass inside the special Gift Aid envelope - you can find these envelopes on the table to your left on your way into church. Please write your name, the date and the amount of the donation on the envelope. This is what enables us to claim Gift Aid from the Government for your donation.

How does Gift Aid work?

UK charities receive your donation - which is money you've already paid tax on - and then reclaim basic rate tax (at 20%) on its 'gross' equivalent (the amount before tax was deducted) from the Government.

If you pay higher rate tax, you can claim the difference between the higher rate of tax at 40% and the basic rate of tax at 20% on the total value of your donation to the charity. You can make this claim on your Self Assessment tax return or form P810 Tax Review if HM Revenue & Customs have sent one to you. If you complete a tax return and are due a refund you can ask HM Revenue & Customs to treat all or part of it as a Gift Aid donation.

If you claim the age-related Personal Allowance, age-related Married Couple's Allowance or Tax Credits it's important to HM Revenue & Customs know about your Gift Aid donations. This is because they will subtract the amount you donate plus the basic rate tax from your total income and use the reduced figure to work out the value of your allowances or tax credit. This may have the effect of increasing these allowances or credits if your income was above the relevant 'income limit' that applies.
For more information, see